Okay folks, it’s been awhile since I sat down to write. To put my thoughts to paper or should I say my computer. To be honest, I am not really sure writing is my thing. I’ve done mostly technical writing, which is short, and to the point hence most of my posts have been point form. Regardless, this has been a great journey and learning experience. I am proud of myself for sharing my personal story and struggles with the wonderful World Wide Web.
…I am writing this while on an airplane, on route to see my parents in Nova Scotia, who are currently going through one of life’s struggles. My mom has dementia and with each visit she is a different woman. I always have mixed feelings going home. Will she know me? Probably not but I do get to hug her and see her smile. I do mourn the loss of my mom every time I go home, letting go of a piece of who she once was, one visit at a time…
Well, I digressed there for a moment!! Letting go…
I started this journey not really sure where I wanted to take this. It was away to release a lot of my past thoughts and create new ones and maybe help someone along the way. I still get those lows, although not as often, how I get out of those lows are quite different. I know longer fight against those feelings, wishing life away. I let myself acknowledge them and move forward.
I will leave you with some parting tips that have helped me move pass my anxiety and depression to see the light in me and all around me:
- Live in the present, focus on the NOW
- Practice Gratitude Daily
- Use Photography, one click at a time to focus on the beauty, expressing my creativity. It brings focus to those moments that make you pause and smile
- Recognize how the energy around you affects your mood.
- Throw out those old Journals that have more darkness then light. Change to only practicing gratitude.
- Don’t wait too do the things you love, my parents did and now it’s too late.
- Expect miracles, we all deserve some sort of miracle from a thank you, to a random text from a friend, too a surprise trip to Europe (going in June :o)).
- Visualize success and your desired outcome.
- Acknowledge how you feel and let it roll right over you like a passing thought in the wind just blowing through.
- Affirmation: I am safe. I am enough. I am loveable. I am free to be me.
Remember that even on your low days, if all you do is get out of bed and just breathe then it’s a good day. You’re still shining your light on the world in some small way.
Until next time, if there is a next time….keep shining your light. We are all in this together.
One Quiet Gals Journey xoxo
P.S. One day at a time…each day offers something new.
Breath in the good, out the past….LET GO!!!